Saturday, January 5, 2008

Experiments with Truth --2008 (Part B: The Anticipation of 2008)

I have always been someone who believes in resolutions. I think they are extremely helpful and can accomplish a lot of good by setting a realistic and attainable goal for the year. Last year, one of my closest closest friends (some would even say best friend...but I got over that saying), was talking to me about how someone she knows uses the phrase "Experiments with Truth". This phrase really caught on in my mind and so, I've decided that instead of RESOLUTIONS, I'm going to experiment with what I believe, is truth.

For you to hold me accountable to, here are some of them for 2008:

  • use less--give more
  • re-use and recycle more
  • read more (at minimum a book a month)
  • see the image of God in others (so I can protect the image of God in myself)
  • hold others in the highest regard (making myself third)
  • drink more water out of my re-useable bottle, not disposable bottles--tap water does a body very good (drink less pop--including Coca-Cola products)
  • Eat at home much much more. Eat out WAY less. Even consider planning a food budget or a minimum amount of times per month to eat out.
  • Write more
  • remember that I will be okay.
  • expose myself more to new things and try to see everything as a potentially life changing experience.
  • listen more. talk WAY less.
  • be PRESENT. Don't forecast the future. Be content in today, the moment, the now. Don't have expectations for the future, or wish to be somewhere you're not.
  • Find moments of hope no matter where you are.
  • Learn to just BE.
  • Walk more.
  • Start imagining. Start believing. Start acting.


So here I go.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll stand beside you through all of these things and challenge myself to some/all as well.

bring on 2008.
some would say, 2000 and great.

love you